Droitwich Spa Bowling Club was formed in 1923 and the green officially opened in 1925 with the first match being played against Worcester County Ground. Inter club competitions also started that year.
In 1929 the Club received an invitation to join the County Association. In 1933 it was decided to increase the annual subscription to £1.5.0d to cover the cost of the Council glebe rent of £50.0.0d per annum.
Following the Second World War the first Ladies competition bowls took place.
In1982 the Council could no longer afford to maintain the green and the Club undertook the responsibility for maintenance, a drinks licence was granted and an extension built to house the bar. Floodlights were installed in 1983.
Discussions took place in 1985 regarding the building of a permanent clubhouse. Fund raising events followed and the new clubhouse was officially opened in 1990 by the EBA President John Hall, who was also a member of the Club.
After many eventful years since formation in 1923, the Club looks forward to its Centenary Year in 2023 with an excellent bowling green, a recently refurbished clubhouse and a healthy membership list.